Ski Aspen terms and conditions
Specific terms and conditions apply in relation to all our packages and these appear in our online booking form. A copy of our current terms and conditions is reproduced below.
SKI ASPEN – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Guests must have a valid passport. Some people may have to obtain a visa to enter North America. It is suggested you check on your visa status before booking. You will need personal spending money to cover your meals and additional activities. Guests must also be in good health and all participants are obliged to disclose any medical conditions that may affect their participation on these ski packages. As skiing / snowboarding is an inherently risky sport, Ski Aspen advise they do not take any responsibility for any accidents or injuries that you may incur. All guests will be required to sign a waiver of liability prior to departure.
YOUR VISA STATUS TO ENTER THE USA
For travel to or via the USA please visit the website below to register for the visit wavier program. This is compulsory for all passengers entering the USA. Please be aware there is a small fee to process a visitor waiver.
As skiing / snowboarding is a risky sport, travel insurance on these ski tour packages is compulsory. You must ensure your travel insurance covers skiing / snowboarding. Travel insurance should be taken out at the time you pay your deposit.
Ski Aspen is a tour operator only, and as such, only provides a land content product. Airfares must be purchased through a registered travel agent/booking website. Any bookings for land content only that are made directly with Ski Aspen are made in the knowledge that Ski Aspen is not a registered travel agent and therefore NOT a member of the Travel Industry Compensation Fund.
Airfares must be purchased from a provider authorised to sell and ticket airfares. The conditions for the purchase of airfares will be dependent on the airline and the provider with whom you book your airfare. It is suggested that you obtain a copy of these conditions prior to booking with Ski Aspen. Furthermore, Ski Aspen is not responsible for any additional costs incurred by tour participants due to any cancellations or rescheduling of flights due to bad weather, industrial action, strikes, war or any other reason.
AMENDMENTS & REFUNDS
Any amendments made to confirmed bookings may incur an additional fee. Ski Aspen will not provide refunds for services booked but not used (e.g. lift tickets) including lift tickets not used due to injury.
A non-refundable deposit of £1000.00 with a completed booking form (via this website) is required. If a place on the ski tour packages of your choice is unavailable then your deposit will be refunded in full. Your balance is to be paid at least 90 days prior to the start date of your ski tour package/booking. Ski Aspen reserves the right to decline any booking for whatever reason.
YOUR TRIP PRICE
Your trip price:
- is displayed at your time of booking on the Ski Aspen Tours website
- can vary if you elect to pay in instalments and there are changes in the exchange rate between the Great British Pound (GBP), Australian dollar (AUD) and the United States dollar (USD)
- is a per person price
- is the standard price for twin-share accommodation (unless you select an upgrade in the form of a single supplement which provides you your own room and bathroom)
Fluctuations in the exchange rate between the Pound Sterling (GBP), Australian dollar (AUD) and US dollar (USD) may affect the final price of the ground content of the tour. Our accommodation providers may increase their rates and this may also affect the final price of the ground content of your package. Ski Aspen will advise you of the final balance amount. Prices advertised were calculated on the exchange rate at the time our brochure and advertising materials were printed and released. Airfare prices may also be subject to change. This will depend on the carrier and how you have booked your airfare. It is recommended that you check the conditions of your airfare before booking. At the time of booking with Ski Aspen you will receive information in relation to the AUD/GBP/USD exchange rate and how this has the potential to alter the final tour price. Please read this document carefully and contact Ski Aspen if you require further clarification in relation to exchange rates and how these can affect the final tour price.
Your trip price can change with instalment payments
Your trip price:
- if you pay in full at the time of your booking (which includes a trip deposit) is the trip price displayed at your time of booking
- if you elect to pay in two instalments 1) is the trip deposit amount displayed at the time of your booking, 2) plus your balance payable amount as displayed at your time of booking which is subject to change – is adjusted for changes up or down in the value of the referenced exchange rates for the GBP, AUD and USD
The reference exchange for the GBP, AUD and USD that will be used by Ski Aspen Tours to calculate any changes in your balance payable amount is based partly on the daily FX rate using reserve bank, other data and rate feeds which are used by thousands of firms worldwide.
Where you elect to pay in installments (and consequently have a balance payable amount):
- both the reference exchange rate at the time of your booking and the impact of an exchange rate fluctuation on your balance payable amount are included on your booking invoice
- you can pay your balance payable at any time prior to 90 days before departure
You can control for the impact of currency fluctuations by either a) paying your trip price in full at the time of your booking, or b) timing the payment of your balance payable amount to suit you.
You can contact Ski Aspen Tours if you require further clarification in relation to paying your balance and how the reference exchange rate could affect your final trip price.
Cancellation of your place on the tour will incur a minimum penalty of £1000.00 being the initial deposit paid. Cancellation within 90 days of departure may incur charges of up to 100% of the ground content cost, dependent on charges levied by our service providers. Cancellation fees applicable to the airfare will be dependent on the travel agent and / or airline with whom you have booked your airfare. It is suggested you check on possible cancellation fees prior to booking.
FAILURE TO MEET TOUR ON TIME
Ski Aspen is not responsible for any ground transportation costs incurred in joining the tour group due to any cancelled or delayed flights or missed connections for any reason. Ski Aspen is not responsible for ground transportation costs incurred as the result of a guest not being able to acquire a flight to coincide with the group meeting times and departure times.
The cost of the tour (land content) does not include any of the following: airfares, passport costs, visa costs, excess baggage costs, airport taxes, insurance, meals, laundry costs, ski hire (unless specified as being included in your package), entertainment costs, drinks, gratuities and tips and the costs of any additional activities. Baggage will always be the responsibility of the tour participant and no responsibility will be accepted for any loss or damage incurred whilst on tour. It is strongly suggested that adequate travel insurance coverage be obtained.
WITHDRAWAL OF GUIDING SERVICES
Ski Aspen reserve the right to withdraw guiding and instructional services to any guest whose lack of skiing / snowboarding ability or confidence causes undue delays to the slowest guided on-snow group. In such cases the guest concerned will be encouraged to take lessons with the Ski Schools of Aspen until such time that they have gained the ability or confidence required to not delay the slowest on-snow group. If you are in doubt as to your ability to participate successfully on these ski tour packages, you should contact Ski Aspen to discuss prior to booking. You should be able to ski a blue run comfortably (not quickly) to join these ski tour packages. If you are a green run only skier, it is unlikely your ability will enable you to ski in the slowest guided on-snow group on these ski tour packages. Our YouTube Channel features a variety of videos that clearly show the minimum standard of skiing / snowboarding necessary to join these ski tour packages. Please contact us if you are in any doubt as to your ability to ski / snowboard on these ski tour packages.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- where Ski Aspen Tours acts as a booking agent for third-party service providers / trip operators, it accepts no liability for the acts or omissions of those third-party service providers / trip operators and does not authorise any suppliers including hotel management to promise refunds on our behalf; and
- operational control of the trip may be in the hands of a third party and that your right of action in regard to any shortcomings of that third party’s performance is against the third party and not against Ski Aspen; and
- Ski Aspen will not be liable for any breach of any law by any person with whom you travel on the trip; and
- you may not rely on any representations concerning the trip made by Ski Aspen, which are not contained in these conditions.
Release and discharge from all claims
To the extent permitted by law, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with the trip, you release, waive and
- discharge all Ski Aspen representatives from all claims, actions or losses for personal injury or death, property damage, loss of services, loss of profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise:
- out of or occur during your travel in connection with the trip or any activities conducted in conjunction with the trip unless caused by the reckless conduct of Ski Aspen representatives; or
- in connection with any optional activities which you may undertake during the course of your trip but which do not comprise part of your trip itinerary and you accept that any assistance given to you by Ski Aspen’s representatives in arranging such optional activities will not render the Ski Aspen representatives liable to you in any way.
OBLIGATION TO SKI WITHIN OWN LIMITS
A condition of booking is that guests acknowledge (via our waiver of liability) that they have an obligation to ski / snowboard within their own limits. I acknowledge that I have read, understand and accept the booking conditions and other information as outlined in this four page document. I acknowledge that I will obtain adequate travel insurance prior to departure for this tour. I acknowledge that I will be required to sign a waiver of liability prior to departure for this tour.
I acknowledge that I have read, understand and accept the above Ski Aspen terms and conditions.
I acknowledge that I will obtain adequate travel insurance prior to departure for my Ski Aspen tour package.
I acknowledge that I will be required to sign a waiver of liability prior to departure for my Ski Aspen tour package.